Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Your Favorite News Station is Biased

Newsflash: CNN and Foxnews are biased.

I have a great friend who is a diehard liberal and he hates FOX News. My mom and dad are die hard conservative and they hate CNN. They each think that their favorite 24 hour news network is by far the most fair and unbiased news network on television.
Every time I talk to my mom about politics I hear little bits of Sean Hannity and Bill O’Reilly mingled in with rational thought. Every time I talk to my friend Kyle I get little bits of Lou Dobbs and Wolf Blitzer mingled with hippie rhetoric. All things considered, I think that it is funny how much people are swayed by media biases. Each side bitterly accuses the other of being so biased and uninformed, but has it ever occurred to anyone that both liberals and conservatives may both be a little uninformed? And if they are informed, heaven forbid anyone ever admit that there is even a little bit of bias in their primary sources of information. I am not siding with either one, I watch both FOX News and CNN. However, I am not going to lie, most of the time I spend my time watching MTV reality shows. I find that the only secret agenda that MTV has is to make me want to buy American Eagle clothes and listen to Lil’ Bow Wow songs.
Sure, there was that whole, VOTE OR DIE campaign that Diddy had during the last presidential election, but that was pretty much harmless. Sure, it was essentially the VOTE (for John Kerry) OR DIE campaign, and I did get a little annoyed by celebrities with GED’s spouting out uninformed political rhetoric, but everyone knows that young people don’t vote. In the end we found that it had little impact on the election, much less than Bill O’Reilly had with all of the neo-cons that voted W back in office. Hell, even half of the celebrities that wore those shirts and appeared in the commercials didn’t even vote, how are we going to expect the kids like me who can only take “news” in five minute chunks between music videos to go out in any sort of significant numbers to vote.
Needless to say, all news is biased, I don’t care what you say there is always biased information floating around. So if you get your news from one source and if you just take it at face value, then you should probably re-evaluate how “informed” you are and just give up and start watching MTV reality shows. And if anyone wants to join me, I watch the Real World/Road Rules Challenge on MTV every Thursday night, you are welcome to join me.

9 comments:

bmz said...

So, when I was in D.C. i went to this live CNN broadcast called On the Story. I tend to side more with the FOX News, but this is only because of Jack Bauer--not really anything political. Anyhow, I invited my more liberal Michigan State roommate to come with me and some other BYU law students. We all went and had a good time. Afterwards, she confessed to me that she really doesn't like CNN, and I told her, Me neither! In unison, we confessed why. I said, "it's too liberal" and she said, "it's too conservative". I think that for north in Michigan, they are so close to Canada, that they just watch some Socialist BBC news channel!

Anonymous said...

[u][b]Xrumer[/b][/u]

[b]Xrumer SEO Professionals

As Xrumer experts, we have been using [url=http://www.xrumer-seo.com]Xrumer[/url] for a sustained time for the time being and grasp how to harness the enormous power of Xrumer and adapt it into a Bills machine.

We also purvey the cheapest prices on the market. Assorted competitors see fit expect 2x or temperate 3x and a destiny of the term 5x what we charge you. But we feel in providing prominent mending at a debilitated affordable rate. The unbroken direct attention to of purchasing Xrumer blasts is because it is a cheaper alternative to buying Xrumer. So we aim to abide by that thought in mind and yield you with the cheapest censure possible.

Not just do we have the most successfully prices but our turnaround occasion after your Xrumer posting is wonderful fast. We drive have your posting done ahead of you distinguish it.

We also cater you with a full log of affluent posts on manifold forums. So that you can notice also in behalf of yourself the power of Xrumer and how we be struck by harnessed it to benefit your site.[/b]


[b]Search Engine Optimization

Using Xrumer you can wish to distinguish thousands upon thousands of backlinks exchange for your site. Many of the forums that your Location you force be posted on have great PageRank. Having your association on these sites can really expropriate build up some top quality help links and as a matter of fact as well your Alexa Rating and Google PageRank rating through the roof.

This is making your put more and more popular. And with this better in regard as superbly as PageRank you can think to appreciate your site in effect rank high in those Search Locomotive Results.
Above

The amount of traffic that can be obtained aside harnessing the power of Xrumer is enormous. You are publishing your locality to tens of thousands of forums. With our higher packages you may regular be publishing your locality to HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS of forums. Visualize 1 collection on a stylish forum will inveterately cotton on to a leave 1000 or so views, with signify 100 of those people visiting your site. At once assume tens of thousands of posts on in demand forums all getting 1000 views each. Your traffic longing associate because of the roof.

These are all targeted visitors that are interested or exotic about your site. Deem how divers sales or leads you can fulfil with this colossal loads of targeted visitors. You are in fact stumbling upon a goldmine friendly to be picked and profited from.

Retain, Transport is Money.
[/b]

TRAVERSE B RECOVER YOUR CHEAP BURST TODAY:


http://www.xrumer-seo.com

Anonymous said...

Predilection casinos? suffer rout upon this sward [url=http://www.realcazinoz.com]casino[/url] apprise and classify the function in abode of a grand up online casino games like slots, blackjack, roulette, baccarat and more at www.realcazinoz.com .
you can also dissuade our in [url=http://freecasinogames2010.webs.com]casino[/url] deal at http://freecasinogames2010.webs.com and substitute pro in be realized to heyday spectacularly long-way-off !
another braggadocio [url=http://www.ttittancasino.com]casino spiele[/url] controversy is www.ttittancasino.com , pro german gamblers, confine in manumitted online casino bonus.

Anonymous said...

[url=http://loveepicentre.com/][img]http://loveepicentre.com/uploades/photos/2.jpg[/img][/url]
dating personals mexico [url=http://loveepicentre.com/success_stories.php]email dating[/url] radiocarbon dating paleoclimatology
free black dating services [url=http://loveepicentre.com/faq.php]georgia adult dating[/url] 100 free adult online dating
hollywood romances single love hollywood dating [url=http://loveepicentre.com]phone dating mn[/url] uranium dating

Anonymous said...

top [url=http://www.c-online-casino.co.uk/]free casino bonus[/url] check the latest [url=http://www.casinolasvegass.com/]online casino[/url] autonomous no deposit perk at the best [url=http://www.baywatchcasino.com/]www.baywatchcasino.com
[/url].

Anonymous said...

[url=http://loveepicentre.com/taketour.php][img]http://loveepicentre.com/uploades/photos/9.jpg[/img][/url]
debate against online dating [url=http://loveepicentre.com/]amy b almont michigan dating[/url] extramarital speed dating
speed dating yahoo [url=http://loveepicentre.com/]who is jason lee dating[/url] eden prairie chanhassen sex dating
craigs dating site [url=http://loveepicentre.com/]dating 50 plus ontario[/url] how to make money dating men

Anonymous said...

[url=http://certifiedpharmacy.co.uk/products/kamagra-soft.htm][img]http://onlinemedistore.com/1.jpg[/img][/url]
best internet pharmacy http://certifiedpharmacy.co.uk/products/pletal.htm indian pharmacy generic cialis [url=http://certifiedpharmacy.co.uk/products/bactrim.htm]uk online pharmacy[/url]
the pharmacy express http://certifiedpharmacy.co.uk/products/lukol.htm pharmacy fraternity [url=http://certifiedpharmacy.co.uk/products/kamasutra-intensity-condoms.htm]kamasutra intensity condoms[/url]
pharmacy schools in united states http://certifiedpharmacy.co.uk/products/plendil.htm example of a face sheet for inpatient pharmacy dept [url=http://certifiedpharmacy.co.uk/products/tofranil.htm]pharmacy ownership new zealand[/url]
imitrex online pharmacy http://certifiedpharmacy.co.uk/products/lozol.htm haw river pharmacy hours [url=http://certifiedpharmacy.co.uk/products/quibron-t.htm]quibron t[/url]

Anonymous said...

[url=http://englandpharmacy.co.uk/products/baclofen.htm][img]http://onlinemedistore.com/2.jpg[/img][/url]
holistic pharmacy http://englandpharmacy.co.uk/products/minocin.htm monarch pharmacy [url=http://englandpharmacy.co.uk/products/depakote.htm]pharmacy room in a hospital[/url]
pcm pharmacy http://englandpharmacy.co.uk/products/ophthacare.htm pharmacy hours bangor pa [url=http://englandpharmacy.co.uk/products/pepcid.htm]pepcid[/url]
pharmacy ce 2008 http://englandpharmacy.co.uk/products/copegus.htm troy pharmacy [url=http://englandpharmacy.co.uk/categories/cardiovascular.htm]shaver pharmacy id[/url]
pharmacy patronage http://englandpharmacy.co.uk/categories/sleeping-aid.htm online pharmacy discussion forum [url=http://englandpharmacy.co.uk/products/hangoff-helper.htm]hangoff helper[/url]

Anonymous said...

dating bunbury http://loveepicentre.com/testimonials/ dating matchmaker romance
armenian dating service [url=http://loveepicentre.com/testimonials/]yaoi dating games[/url] dating for once married singles
dating singel wemen [url=http://loveepicentre.com/testimonials/]dating sites for women[/url] make money with dating [url=http://loveepicentre.com/user/handsome1/]handsome1[/url] the dating guy woody